Home ownership opens the door to a sense of pride and a connection to your community, and Carter Bank & Trust wants to help make your dreams become a reality.
Competitive mortgage financing is here in your community, not thousands of miles away with someone you’ll never meet. Unlike the “online” and “out-of-town” lenders, we know the local real estate market and the industries that drive the economy. Like you, we live and work here. We take a straightforward approach to mortgage lending because to us, you aren’t just transactions — you’re our neighbor, and we want to build a lasting relationship with you.
We understand that buying a home can be a stressful process. That’s why it’s our job to be your trusted advisor, manage your expectations, and get you the keys to your new home quickly with the financing you can afford. For us, it’s all about you — it’s just that simple. Explore our various mortgage products below.Schedule an Appointment
- Conventional loans
- FHA Loan
- USDA Loan
- VA Loan
- Portfolio Loan
- Down Payment Assistance / Grant Programs
A conventional mortgage or conventional loan is any type of homeowner loan that is not offered or secured by a government entity such as the FHA, VA, or the USDA. Rather, they are available through or guaranteed by a private lender or the two government-sponsored enterprises, the Federal National Mortgage Association and the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation.
- Does not come with the same number of stipulations that government loans do.
- The rules and regulations are far less strict with conventional loans in many cases.
Schedule an Appointment
An FHA loan is a home loan that is insured by the FHA (Federal Housing Administration). That offers a guarantee to the bank: if a customer fails to repay the mortgage, the FHA will step up and repay the bank instead.
- Smaller down payment required
- Fixed rates
- Flexible loan terms
USDA loans are zero-down payment mortgages for rural and suburban homebuyers.
- No down payment required
- Competitive rates
- Flexible credit guidelines
- No maximum purchase price
The Veterans Administration (VA) helps service members, veterans, and eligible surviving spouses become homeowners. The VA guarantees a portion of the loan, enabling the lender to provide you with more favorable terms.
- Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loan (IRRRL)
- Native American Direct Loan (NADL) Program
- Adapted Housing Grants
A portfolio loan is a loan that is serviced by the lender that issued the money. Loans that are issued by a lender are packaged together with other loans and sold in the secondary market. With a portfolio loan, the lender that initially wrote the loan is going to hang onto it and keep it as a part of their investment portfolio.
- Service the loan from another location
- Customers will be able to keep their relationship with the lender that they originally worked with
- Customers will be able to contact their lender whenever they have a problem
- Better customer service experience
Carter Bank & Trust can access the Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta’s homeowner assistance funding for eligible families and individuals in our service region. Funds are limited, and may be depleted at any point during the calendar year. Please check with a mortgage specialist to explore low down-payment mortgage options and to confirm whether or not grant funds are currently available.Schedule an Appointment
A Carter Bank & Trust Construction-To-Permanent Loan lets you build and finance your primary residence or vacation home all with ONE LOAN, ONE CLOSING and ONE RATE!
- One-time closing
- Up to 90%* Financing Available
- Interest Only Payment during the Construction Phase
- Permanent Rate Established at Loan Application
- Same Rate for All Phases of Construction
- Fixed and Variable Rate Loan Solutions
Visit one of our branches to speak with an experienced banker to explore your options.Schedule an Appointment
*With Single Premium Mortgage Insurance
All loans are subject to credit approval.
Mortgage2Go is a mobile application built to bring borrowers, partners, and loan originators together in a single platform to simplify the loan process. Carter Bank & Trust’s custom app will equip customers with the tools they need for a successful mortgage experience with real-time loan status updates.
Benefits of Using Mortgage2Go:
- Mortgage calculators
- Convenient initiation, updates, and completion of mortgage loan inquiry
- Easy to read document checklist
- Automated reminders when items are due
- Scan and securely send documents with your phone
- Real-time progress updates
- Simplified communication with your loan officer
Find Your Mortgage with Carter Bank & Trust
With decades of experience in the mortgage lending area, Carter Bank & Trust’s team of expert loan officers are ready to help you land your dream home. Utilize our helpful resources below for more information on how to prepare for the home loan process, and contact a mortgage specialist when you’re ready to get started.
The calculators on our website are provided for informational purposes only. Carter Bank & Trust and its affiliates disclaim any warranties, endorsement or representation, expressed or implied, related to these resources.