Online and Mobile Banking with Carter on the Go
Carter on the Go is Carter Bank & Trust’s free online and mobile banking. While we’d love to see you in person, there are times when you need the convenience of banking from home, work, or on the go. Carter on the Go is our location that you can visit anywhere and anytime. Giving you the most convenient options to bank with us is another example that being your lifetime financial partner is our priority and a privilege.
You must first be enrolled to access Carter on the Go. You can enroll into Carter on the Go from your desktop or mobile device. To enroll, follow these simple steps:
Visit one of our branches in Virginia and North Carolina or give us a call at 833.275.2228 or 833.ASK.CBAT to provide us with your email address and phone number.
From your desktop
Visit the Carter Bank & Trust home page and find the Carter on the Go online banking located on the right-hand side of the page. Click on “Enroll Here.” Follow the instructions to register.
From your mobile device
Download the Carter on the Go app from either the App Store or Google Play. Click on “Enroll.” Follow the instructions to register.
For our business customers, you must reach out to your local branch office to initiate your online and mobile banking setup. If you are wanting to use the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network or wire services, then our Carter Commercial Center may be your best online banking option.
Online and Mobile Banking Features
When you enroll in Carter on the Go, you’ll have easy access to your Carter Bank & Trust bank accounts and can complete transfers, pay your bills, and more without having to visit one of our branches. Some of the convenient online and mobile banking features we offer include:
Your Bank Accounts:
- Access your accounts with our biometric sign in capabilities.
- Activate the “Fast Balance” feature to view your accounts prior to sign in.
- Quickly review account activity, balances, statements, and check images.
- Easily move money between bank accounts.
- Stay on schedule with custom alerts with email or text notifications.*
- Save time and gas money with Carter on the Go mobile deposits.
- Control the use of your Carter Bank & Trust Debit Card(s) with CardValet®
- Conveniently send and receive money with friends and family via Zelle®
- View and monitor your credit score and report with Credit Sense.
- Schedule recurring payments or make single payments from your device with Bill Pay.
- Enroll in eStatements for a faster, more secure access with up to 18 months of bank statements.
- Budget, monitor spending and establish savings goals with the money management tool.
Online and mobile banking has never been easier with Carter on the Go. Whether you want to check your balances, deposit a check, or learn about your credit score, you can do it all with the click of a few buttons. Learn more by visiting one of our branches or by watching our online and mobile banking tutorial videos below!
Start sending money with Zelle®
It’s a fast, safe and easy way to send money!
Whether it’s saving you a trip to the ATM or taking out the guesswork of divvying up the lunch tab, Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send and request money. Funds are sent directly to the recipient’s account in a matter of minutes¹, and all you need is the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile phone number.
Control Your Card with Card Valet®
Card Valet® is a tool within Carter on the Go that allows you to:
- Put controls in place to monitor your transactions
- Receive alerts* whenever your card is used
- Turn cards on and off in real time to reduce the risk of fraud
*Alerts received as text messages on your mobile device may incur a charge from your mobile phone service provider.
Understand Your Credit Score with Credit Sense
One of the most important numbers you will ever have is your Credit Score. Carter Bank & Trust is pleased to offer you a way to monitor your credit score and credit report for FREE with Credit Sense. Credit Sense is more than just a number; it’s a tool you can use to help you learn and grow financially.
With Credit Sense you’re able to:
- Understand your credit score
- Monitor your credit report
- See your credit history
- Learn how you can improve your credit score
- Ability to receive monitoring alerts for credit report activity
- And much more!
Enroll in Credit Sense through Carter on the Go today!
Carter on the Go Mobile Deposit
When you download the Carter on the Go mobile app, you not only have all the same great features you have with Carter on the Go online but also the ability to deposit checks right from your smartphone or tablet, anywhere, anytime. It’s fast and simple to use. To deposit a check using our mobile app:
- Open the app on your smartphone or tablet and select deposit check.
- Endorse the back of the check, as you would normally, and write “FOR ELECTRONIC DEPOSIT TO CB&T” underneath your signature.
- Take a photo of the front and back of the check with your mobile device.
- Select the account where you wish to deposit the funds and enter the amount.
- Tap on confirm. Deposit made.
Learning all of our online and mobile banking features is quick and easy. Watch our videos below.
Frequently Asked Questions
¹ Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.