Knowing what to expect going into a mortgage transaction gives you peace of mind. Your Carter Bank Mortgage Loan Specialist will guide you by itemizing specific documents that you may need to provide to complete your loan transaction.
Below is a list of items that may be required during the loan process*
- Most recent 30-day paystubs
- Last two year’s W-2’s
- Current income award letter (if applicable)
- Last two year’s personal income tax returns (all pages and schedules)
- Last two year’s K-1’s if applicable
- Copy of Divorce Decree or court order (if applicable)
- For VA loans: DD-214 or statement of service
Proof of assets can include the following documentation:
- Last two month’s bank statement (all pages), including checking, savings, and money market accounts
- Most recent investment account statement, including 401k and brokerage accounts
- Signed gift letter (if down payment is coming from a gift)
- Copy or earnest money deposit check
- Large deposit-signed letter of explanation and documentation supporting source of deposit
- Copy of ratified sales contract (all pages and addendums)
- Copies of most recent mortgage billing statements for all real estate owned, both free and clear
- Copies of the most recent real estate tax bill and homeowner’s declarations page
- Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed
- All loan subject to credit approval and property appraisal
- Copy of driver’s license and/or government issued ID
Speak with a Carter Bank Mortgage Loan Specialist Today
With the proper documentation, you could be ready to take the next step towards home ownership. Get in contact with one of Carter Bank’s expert Mortgage Loan Specialists today.
*This list is for education purpose only and is not comprehensive. Some of these may or not be required based on individual situation.