Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Public File
Carter Bank & Trust (the Bank) is pleased to provide information for public inspection under the Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 (CRA). The CRA encourages banks to meet the needs of all borrowers in the communities they serve.
Any interested party can review the data provided and receive a hard copy of the documents as needed.
Under the CRA, the following information must be maintained in a public file, current as of April 1 of each year:
- A copy of the public section of the Bank’s most recent CRA Performance Evaluation
- A list of branches, their street addresses, and geographies.
- A listing of branches opened or closed by the bank during the prior two calendar years
- A list of ( Carter, or Varsity) services (including hours of operation, available loan and deposit products, and (Carter, Treasury Services, BAC & MSB or Varsity transaction fees) generally offered at the Bank’s branches and descriptions of material difference in the availability or cost of services at particular branches, if any. To view the most updated information regarding branch locations and hours, please visit our locations page.
- Map(s) for each Assessment Area(s) and geography designated by the bank
- The bank’s CRA Disclosure Statement (2019),(2020)and the HMDA Disclosure Statement
Instructions to Find CRA Disclosure Statement to Specific Year
1. Click this link to go to the FFIEC.gov website.
2. If you have pop-up blocker on your computer or mobile device, allow the website to launch additional windows. You
may have to press the “Retrieve PDF” button one more time to download.
3. Click the link to the newly downloaded PDF in the new browser.
- A listing of any agreements reportable under the Sunshine Act, if applicable. – N/A
- Carter Bank & Trust will happily provide hard copies of these documents; however, please note we may charge a reasonable fee to cover copying and mailing expenses. Any comments or questions about this portion of the website or to request any information from/about Carter Bank & Trust’s CRA performance may be addressed to:CRA Public File Management
Beverly Lyle, CRA & Fair Lending Officer
Carter Bank & Trust
9112 Virginia Avenue, Bassett, VA 24055
email@example.comSome information contained in this section is presented in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader may be required to view documents. If you do not already have Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free at adobe.com.All written comments received from the public for the current year and each of the prior two calendar years that specifically relate to the Bank’s performance in helping to meet community credit needs, and any response to the comments by the Bank for the current year and the prior two calendar years. To view public comments, email the CRA Officer.